Baked Sea Bream 'plaki'
- Two Sea Bream, gutted and cleaned
- 3 medium potatoes, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- Star anise
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 1 fennel, sliced
- 100ml white wine
- ½ cup olive oil
- 7 sprigs thyme, chopped
- 7 sprigs rosemary, chopped
- Garlic (at will)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Peel and slice the tomatoes. Cut tomato, onion and fennel into slices. Cut and slice lemons.
3. Place the potatoes, onion and fennel in a bowl and add salt, pepper, olive oil and fresh chopped thyme. Stir.
4. Spread the mix on a baking pan 30 x 40 cm.
5. Put three slices of lemon and three slices of tomatoes on top of each fish.
6. Add salt and pepper and a touch of olive oil. Add chopped fresh rosemary.
7. Place the fish on top of the potato, onion and fennel mix.
8. Add the wine, olive oil and spices.
9. Bake for 50-60 minutes.
10. Serve with chopped parsley and fresh rosemary.