Sea Bass ceviche with peach
- 300g. Sea Bass fillet, skinned
- 1 medium onion
- 1 peach
- 1-2 limes
- 1-2 tablespoons of Sumak
- Small bunch fresh coriander (leaves only)
- 1 chili pepper
- Salt and freshly ground pink pepper
1. Cut onion into thin slices and place in a bowl with iced water, a little lemon juice, a pinch of salt, and a pinch of sugar. Put the bowl in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. This process will decrease the intensity of the onion and will help the fish remain firm.
2. Filet the bass and remove the skin. Cut it into 1cm strips. (Warning: we do not want a very fine cut as the fish might dissolve).
3. Place the pieces of sea bass in a bowl, salt them well and place the bowl in the fridge for 2-3 minutes.
4. In another bowl, mix the lime juice, sumak and coriander leaves.
5. Cut the peach into small cubes and add it to the marinade. Transfer it to the refrigerator for 2-3 minutes.
6. Pat onions dry, and mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Put the bowl in the fridge and allow the fish to 'cook' for 2-3 minutes. If necessary, add salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste.
Sprinkle with the zest of one lime and serve!